Friday 27 March 2009

Arbutus

I heard about the extraordinarily affordable three course pre-theatre (<- look, that's me being British again) menu at Arbutus and Wild Honey for less than a twenty. A word of warning though. Pre-theatre implies a pre-dinner theatre. After rushing through our 6pm dinner at Arbutus and then jogging to Carousel for a 7:30 curtain, we decided our pre-theatre meals should take place a day before the actual show, which is what we did for Wild Honey. They were super nice about being speedy for us, but it just wasn't as relaxing and food-enjoyable as it should have been. I don't even remember what the food was, since I believe I said, "Just give us one of each... fast."

To start, some thinly sliced lamb with some vinaigrette. Warm, and really nice. This was probably the highlight of my meal.
I can't remember what the entree was, though I remember eating it...The dessert was crushed apples and vanilla ice cream or St. Nectaire cheese.
Three Michelin-starred courses for 17.50 - you can't really beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment