Friday 27 March 2009

Lindsay House

As of the time of this writing, my mom and I have decided this is the tastiest restaurant we've been to in London. The flavors were great - better than Foliage, which we had gone to the night before, and altogether delicious. The bread was also better. yum. Lindsay House was in this little house in Soho, and we had to walk three flights up into this little room with four tables. Very charming, though we felt bad for the wait staff walking up and down the stairs, since I tripped walking up them without a giant tray of food. I unfortunately didn't take a picture of the menu this time, so we're doing this by memory and notes:

Amuse Bouche: Chestnut VelouteStarted with a Grilled Mackerel with artichoke lasagna and horseradish milk. Very good, and definitely not as fishy-mackerely as Foliage's yesterday.

My mom had a ham hock croquette with picalilli and mustard aioli. This was incredible.
Entree I had a Braised rib of beef, snail and garlic, and parmesan gnocchi. I must say the beef was not quite tender enough for my tastes - It wasn't really tough, but it wasn't like mouth-wateringly tender. Not like my lamb at Foliage. It did have a very nice flavor though.
My mom had a very tasty Pollock with lemongrass puree and sauteed shrimp.


Dessert was delicious as well - a rice pudding with spiced figs and mascarpone

or a Yoghurt panna cotta

Lindsay House is our London favorite thus far...

No comments:

Post a Comment